- that African-American women had a higher prevalence of food insecurity and were more likely to report severe intimate partner violence;
- a strong positive association between food insecurity and intimate partner violence;
- evidence of effect modification of the association between food insecurity and intimate partner violence by marital status; and
- higher odds of intimate partner violence among those reporting more severe food insecurity.
Purchase full article at: http://goo.gl/tihrXX
- 1Department of Epidemiology, Fielding School of Public Health, University of California,Los Angeles, CA, USA.
- 2Department of Psychiatry & Biobehavioral Sciences,Semel Institute for Neuroscience and Human Behavior, University of California, Los Angeles, CA, USA.
- Public Health Nutr. 2016 Apr;19(5):914-23. doi: 10.1017/S1368980015001986. Epub 2015 Jun 22.
More at: https://twitter.com/hiv insight